[SOS-PCA] PLEASE READ - SOS 2023 Season Wrap Up and 2024 news

Hill, Sarah E sehill at blm.gov
Wed Jan 17 14:24:33 CST 2024

Hello and Happy New Year!

As you know, we are wrapping up the 2023 collection season and looking forward to beginning 2024! Here are a few quick notes and reminders as we transition collection years:

Final 2023 Data Editing deadlines

  *
We will be finalizing SOS data for 2023 next Monday Jan 22), so any updates or changes you have been instructed to make in either the geoplatform groups or the SOS data portal will need to be done by the end of the weekend. Anything submitted or changed to the 2023 forms after Sunday, Jan 21 time will not be changed in the historic dataset or in the 2024 GPLAT groups (for both scouting and collection records).

2023 Seeds, Vouchers, and Reporting

  *
If you have any lingering end of year reporting materials (photos, forms, permits, annual reports) that you have not yet sent to your Agency Coordinator, do so ASAP!!
  *
All 2023 seed and voucher specimens should be sent to the appropriate cleaning facility. If there are any lingering collections, please notify Sarah Hill ASAP and she will provide further instruction.

Getting 2023 Seeds back! AKA using a clearance form

  *
January 31 is the deadline for submitting a clearance form to either Bend or Dorena to get 2023 seeds back to use for 2024 projects.
  *
2023 versions of clearance forms are on the SOS website blm.gov/sos

2024 Collectors Call picks up Feb 6th, 10am MT

  *
The invite for the 2024 collector call will go out this week, so keep an eye out for that!
  *
February call will go over some 2024 program changes, geoplatform access, and 2024 training opportunities, so make sure to attend!
  *
Thank you to all that provided contact information for those that should be on the 2024 collector calls. If that information has not been provided yet, please have anyone who will need access to the monthly call (all active collectors and program support people) fill out this form: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=pftQAjhAXkuK4lsLQZkvU0BNZz9BFqBFhx5lbfZ1E9BURExIQ0Q3WUZHTVdVSllJUlNHNFc1UU9RNy4u . The form will be live throughout the season, and new people will be added the Friday before each monthly call.

2024 Geoplatform Access

  *
We will be getting crews signed up this season through forms again. Please feel free to start distributing this form: https://forms.office.com/r/uZa3f693Wx. The workflow for the beginning of the season is a little different than last year, as everyone added must successfully create a test point before being added to their regional group. We hope this sets everyone off on the right foot for data collection, and leads to less corrections needing to be made throughout the season. Here is the proposed workflow, please reach out to Kristy Snyder, ksnyder at blm.gov with any questions.
[cid:3f21cd4b-cd3f-4aca-99fd-e207bac21950]

See you in February, and thank you so much for all the hard work through 2023!

For the seeds,

Sarah

Sarah Hill

she/her

Seeds of Success National Curator
Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>