[SOS-PCA] May 2022 Call Notes

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Tue May 3 12:17:21 CDT 2022

Hi folks,

Thanks to everyone who was able to make it to our call today, and happy collecting to those who are out in the field!

  *   Target Species Lists - These are due to me by May 30th. Please use the template on the SOS website and let me know if you have any questions. As mentioned on the call, it is better for Bend if you overestimate your number of collections and target species. We will plan for the best and hope for the best!
  *
  *   Training - May 10-11th is our last training that is scheduled as of right now. If you or your crew need an invitation please send me an email. These trainings are invitation-only so please do not share the invitation without checking with me first.
  *
  *   Bend updates - 2021 collections are almost done and 2022 collections are starting to arrive. Dry your collections thoroughly before sending them in. If the material feels cold when you stick your hand in it, it is probably damp and needs to continue drying. Ideally the material should feel dry for at least five days before shipping. However, if you do need to get it out the door, please contact Bend so that they can be ready to receive it.

  *   Digital Data Collection - If you are getting logged out of your Geoplatform account on your tablet in the field, try putting it into airplane mode before leaving the office. Additionally, instead of using the blue butt on in Field Maps to record data, please continue to use the links to the Survey123 forms.

I will be at the Center for Plant Conservation conference in Denver for the rest of this week, so I may be slow to respond emails.

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lindquist

(she/her/hers)

Seeds of Success National Curator

Bureau of Land Management (Contractor)

Work # 208-373-3822

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Allianc​e<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>

Request SOS seeds for research<https://npgsweb.ars-grin.gov/gringlobal/search>