[SOS-PCA] September Monthly Call and Reminders

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Mon Aug 29 15:36:28 CDT 2022

Hi folks,

As a reminder our September monthly collector call will be on September 13th instead of the 6th. I will be at the Natural Areas Association conference all next week (September 6-9th) so may be slow to reply to any emails in that time period.

Below are a few general reminders as many of you start wrapping up the season:

  *   All end of season reporting is due to me by December 15th. That includes data forms, photos, annual report, and data entered into the web portal (if you are using paper data forms) or data entered into GeoPlatform (if you are doing using tablets). If you are on a contract, there may be additional deliverables that are due by the end of the performance period; please check with your field office and technical contacts to ensure everything is complete. Good communication is key as the season ends and if you have any questions, please ask! And don't forget about all the guidance documents on the website including: "Guide to Shipping SOS Materials" and "End of Season Checklist
  *
  *   Seeds also need to be shipped to Bend by December 15th! Please do not wait until the last minute to send Bend your seeds, as this makes things very hectic on their end. Also, the sooner your seeds can be cleaned and stored in good conditions, the better chance they have of maintaining good viability. If for some reason you are sending things to Bend that are NOT SOS collections, DO NOT use the SOS data form; otherwise, Bend will think it is an SOS collection and process and bill it as such.
  *
  *   A note on shipping things to Smithsonian - unfortunately, FedEx does not ship to PO boxes. So, if shipping vouchers with FedEx, please use the non-PO address for Smithsonian. If using another service, the PO address is fine -
  *
Non P.O.
Smithsonian Institution
NMNH Department of Botany, MRC-166
10th and Constitution Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20560

P.O.
Smithsonian Institution
NMNH Department of Botany, MRC 166
P.O. Box 37012
Washington, D.C. 20013-7012

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lindquist

(she/her/hers)

Seeds of Success National Curator

Bureau of Land Management - Contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Allianc​e<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>

Request SOS seeds for research<https://npgsweb.ars-grin.gov/gringlobal/search>