[SOS-PCA] September 2021 Call Notes

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Wed Sep 8 12:55:17 CDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who joined this week. Our next call is Tuesday, October 5th.

Here are the notes from our call:

  *   All end of season reporting is due to me by December 15th. That includes the following: Data forms, photos, annual report, and data entered in the web portal. If you are on a contract, you may have additional deliverables that are due by the end of the performance period. Please check with your field office and technical contacts to make sure everything is complete. Good communication is key as the season ends! If you have any questions at all, please reach out!
  *   Photos: The following naming convention should be used for all SOS photos and each photo should be given a unique picture number (A, B, C, etc):
  *   PLANTS Code_Collection Number_Picture Number (EX: POSE_CBG-123_A)
  *   Shipping to Bend: Kayla said everything coming in has been great! Keep up the good labeling, communication, and packaging. However, if for some reason you are shipping NON-SOS seed to Bend, let them know and do not use the SOS data form; this gets very confusing, but Bend can let you know the proper forms and process to follow for NON-SOS seeds. Additionally, the December 15th deadline includes shipping seeds! If you are not able to meet this deadline, or are making any late season collections, please let me and Kayla know ASAP. During the December/January holidays, there are fewer people around to receive and process the seed, so being able to plan for those late shipments is critical. Again, communication is key!
  *   Shipping to Smithsonian: Smithsonian is still taking vouchers. A note on shipping - unfortunately, FedEx does not ship to PO boxes. So, if shipping vouchers with FedEx, please use the non-PO address for Smithsonian. If using another service, the PO address is fine.
  *

Non P.O.

Smithsonian Institution

NMNH Department of Botany, MRC-166