[SOS-PCA] July 2021 Call Notes

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Thu Jul 8 15:55:16 CDT 2021

Hi folks,

Thanks to those who were able to make our call this week. Our next call will be Tuesday, August 3rd.

Here are the highlights from the call:

  *   Vouchers! You can now send 2020 and 2021 herbarium vouchers to Smithsonian! They will be back in the office through the month of July at least. Please continue to attend the monthly calls and check the listserv for any changes. Thanks to everyone who has been keeping their 2020 vouchers safe. Please review the protocol on the website for shipping instructions, and make sure you include the appropriate Notice of Transmittal - available on the website, blm.gov/sos. Additionally, if you were unable to attend the May call where Erika went over SOS voucher best practices, the notes are still available via the listserv archive.
  *
  *   Shipping seeds: Bend will have its full crew starting in the next couple weeks, so now is a great time to send in collections. As always, please ship early in the week, and if you can shake the bags and seeds fall out, it needs to be sealed more securely.
  *
  *   2020 results: On the call we reviewed a few fun facts about the 2020 collections and balances from Bend. It was a great collecting season despite the pandemic, and I'm sure 2021 will be even better!
  *
  *   Data Entry: So far, the 2021 data in the web portal look great. If you have any questions about a field, please let me know, and feel free to send me a copy of your first data form to review. It will save both of us a lot of time on the backend!
  *
  *   Clearance Forms: A copy of the clearance form is available on the SOS website and should be submitted to me. Please allow at least 30 days for Bend to process the order, provide the FedEx shipping code, and a short description of the intended use of the material. We will process these requests as quickly as possible but please note, there may be others requesting seed at a similar deadline as yours.

If there is no rush to have seed returned to you, please indicate so on the form. You can put “no rush” in as the request by date. Please wait to send the national office a clearance form until you have shipped seed to Bend. Also, please consolidate clearance forms as best as possible. Clearance forms for seed collected during the 2021 season must be turned in by January 30th, 2022.

Please reach out with any questions or concerns, and if there are topics you would like to see covered on a future call, let me know.

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lindquist

Seeds of Success National Curator