[SOS-PCA] RESEARCH PROJECT: Reminder that survey comparing molecular and abundance studies for conservation applications still available (March 31, 2021)

Ashley Rohde ashley.rohde at aggiemail.usu.edu
Tue Feb 16 15:44:19 CST 2021

Hello again.  My name is Ashley Rohde and I am a graduate student at Utah
State University. This is the second time I’ve reached out to you to ask
you to participate in a survey about molecular studies in conservation.  If
you have already completed a survey, great!  Thank you!  If you haven’t had
a chance to get to it, there is still time.

Specifically, I would like to know how the results of different types of
scientific studies are put into action for conservation.  I will compare
how conservation practitioners understand and use the results of*
molecular-based
studies* and *abundance-based studies* to inform conservation actions.
Molecular methods are used by researchers frequently to answer questions
about species of conservation concern, but the results of molecular studies
may be difficult for practitioners without molecular training to interpret
and implement relative to the results of abundance-based studies, which
tend to be more straight-forward.

Anyone who participates in conservation activities, whether professionally
or as a volunteer, is welcome to participate in this survey.  *You do not
need to have experience with molecular methods to take this survey!*  I
hope to gather information about the perspectives of people with many
different experiences.

If you are interested in participating in the study, please follow the link
included in this email to complete the survey by March 31,2021.  It should
take about five minutes.  Your answers are confidential and you will not be
asked to provide your name.  Please only complete the survey one time.  The
Institutional Review Board (IRB) for the protection of human research
participants at Utah State University has reviewed and approved this study
as protocol #9724.

Thank you very much for contributing to this study!  Every response
provides the perspective of a person with unique experiences and opinions;
I am happy to be able to include yours.

Survey Link: Take the Conservation Survey Now
<https://usu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0wUwGmCL4jRcGxf>!

Sincerely,

Ashley Rohde
Student Researcher