[SOS-PCA] Minimum number for SOS seed collections

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Wed Sep 9 14:49:08 CDT 2020

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I wanted to follow up on the question we had regarding the minimum number of seeds for Asclepias collections on the last collectors call. Wires got crossed, and I fear I may have confused the issue.
For clarification, there are no exceptions for any species to the 10,000 minimum seeds for SOS collections. There may be some cases where specific contracts require a different amount of seeds for non-SOS collections, but for SOS you should always try to be hitting the 10,000 minimum. If you have any questions regarding collecting requirements, please refer to your contract.

My apologies for the confusion. I believe the standard amount of time it's acceptable to use the "I'm new" excuse is about six months. :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lindquist

National Curator, Seeds of Success  (Contractor)

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>