[SOS-PCA] SOS Call Notes, December

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Thu Dec 3 12:38:41 CST 2020

Hi everyone,

Congratulations, we made it to the end of 2020!
I am estimating that this season we will have made around 600 SOS collections!!
This means, that in the 20 years of Seeds of Success, over 26,000 collections have been made! So, thank you all for your time and contributions to plant conservation and restoration.

There will be no call in January, but feel free to contact me if you need anything. Otherwise, be on the lookout for a call in February.

Notes from the December 1st call:

-*Friday, December 11th is the deadline for end of season materials - aka, annual reports, photos, data forms, and data entry.
So far Bend has received 560 collections, and I see 560 in the database as of this week, so well done on getting everything sent off and entered in a timely manner.

-If you are planning on requesting any of your 2020 collections back, please send Anna a clearance form by January 30th, 2021. Clearance forms are available for download on the SOS website.

-It's a good time to reflect on the season, so if you have any suggestions for improvements to the SOS program, please let me know in an email. Any suggestions on how the national office can better serve you, things you think should be clarified in the protocol, or training improvements are all welcome.

-*Smithsonian: Please continue to hold onto your specimens. If you do need to ship them, please do so after the new year.

-*Bend: Please send shipments to Bend as soon as possible. The last week in December for sending in materials will be the week of the 14th. After that, please do not ship anything to Bend until after the 4th of January.

Happy holidays everyone!

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lindquist