[SOS-PCA] Why your project needs a National Seed Strategy

Carr, Amanda (Mandie) N ancarr at blm.gov
Fri Aug 21 09:00:46 CDT 2020

Are plant materials a bottleneck?

By now, you've likely seen several calls from the Plant Conservation Alliance (PCA) Federal Committee for federal input to inform a national report on the state of using locally adapted plants for habitat restoration in the USA.

One of the questions we've received is, if my project isn't ready for seeding because of a lack of available plant materials, can I still submit it to the national report?

The answer is a resounding YES!

In fact, identifying areas for future work-such as addressing a plant materials bottleneck-is one of the primary goals of this report. Whatever stage your project is at, whether it's in the early planning phases or finished and tied up with a bow, your input is invaluable to the future of the National Seed Strategy.

For more information, and to submit a project, please visit the reporting portal<https://www.usgs.gov/center-news/national-seed-strategy-report>. Deadline to submit is September 1st

Amanda (Mandie) Carr
Coordinator of Botanical Communication and Outreach
Bureau of Land Management (Contractor)
1387 S Vinnell Way | Boise, ID 83709
Tel (208) 373-4087
Pronouns: she/her/hers