[SOS-PCA] SOS Monthly Call MONDAY April 1

Prescott, Leah lprescott at blm.gov
Tue Mar 26 10:32:55 CDT 2019

Hi all,

Friendly reminder that the April SOS Collectors call is *RESCHEDULED to
MONDAY, April 1*, same time and conference line. These monthly calls are
required for all seed collecting teams. I understand changing this month's
call from Tuesday to Monday is an inconvenience and I apologize. Please do
your best to call in and contact me if you cannot make it. Let me know if
you need the call in information.

Draft Agenda:

Roll call
SOS training dates
General collection rules
Target species - NEW template on blm.gov/sos *DUE by April 30th*
Herbarium Vouchers - Erika Gardner, Smithsonian National Herbarium
Round Robin/Updates - please come prepared with season start dates, end
dates, estimated number of collections, and number of interns/contractors
and institution

If you do not have 2019 BGBase log in please contact me.

Just as a reminder, the calls take place at:

8 AM Alaska
9 AM Pacific
10 AM Mountain
11 AM Central
Noon Eastern

*Training:* The DOI Course: Seed Collecting For Restoration and
Conservation is scheduled for May 14-16 in Boise, ID. Please contact Lori
Young (lyoung at blm.gov) with any questions. Anyone making an SOS collection
should be trained in the protocol.

Please let me know if there are any topics you would like to see covered in
this season's monthly calls and feel free to reach out with any questions.

Thanks all, talk to you soon!

Leah

--
Leah Prescott
Seeds of Success

Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>
National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>