[SOS-PCA] SOS Call Notes, End of Year Reporting

Prescott, Leah lprescott at blm.gov
Wed Dec 4 13:54:48 CST 2019

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone for another great collecting season! There will be no
SOS call in January – please stay tuned for a call in February or March to
start the 2020 season.

Notes from the December 3rd Call:

General SOS Reminders:

-*December 15th* is the deadline for end of season materials (annual
report, photos, copies of datasheets and data entry in the portal!) If you
cannot meet this deadline, please let me know ASAP. As of this morning
there were 720 collections in the database and I'm anticipating 850
collections this year. Please be sure to complete data entry on time.

-If you plan on requesting any of your 2019 collections back, clearance
forms are due to Leah by January 30th.

-The BLM course “Seed Collecting for Conservation and Restoration” will be
in Boise, ID May 12-14, 2020. Search for the course in DOI Talent or
contact me.

*Smithsonian Update*
-The shipping moratorium is still in place – please do not ship any
herbarium specimens from now until January 6th.

*Bend Update*
- Please do not ship seed the weeks of December 23rd and 30th. If you need
to ship seed, you may, but there will be limited staff available to take
requests. Bend will be closed on December 25th and January 1st.

As 2019 wraps up and we plan for 2020 it's a good time to reflect on the
season. Thanks to everyone for submitting insightful annual reports. If you
have any other suggestions for how the national office can better serve
your team or even more general feedback for the SOS program, please let me
know via email. Things you would like to see included in future trainings?
Suggested updates for the protocol? General feedback? We want to know.

Thanks again for a successful season and please feel free to contact me
with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. I look forward to receiving
everyone's finalized data and paperwork.

Happy Holidays!

Leah

--
Leah Prescott
Seeds of Success

Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>
National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>