[SOS-PCA] February SOS Call Is Cancelled

Hosna, Rachel rhosna at blm.gov
Tue Jan 30 12:21:43 CST 2018

Hi Everyone,

The February SOS call is cancelled. Please use this time to plan for the
2018 collecting season.

The monthly calls from March to May will cover a series of topics outlined
below. Whether you're brand new to SOS or a seasoned mentor, everyone
planning to make SOS collections in 2018 should attend these calls.

March 6 - 2017 season summary; 2018 season expectations; target species
lists; how to plan for success!

April 3 - Collecting seed, photos and vouchers & all things packaging and
shipping

May 1 - Data entry and portal training & seed distribution

Just as a reminder, the calls take place at:

8 AM Alaska
9 AM Pacific
10 AM Mountain
11 AM Central
Noon Eastern

*Don't forget!* - The DOI Course: Seed Collection For Restoration and
Conservation is scheduled for May 15-17 in Fort Collins, CO. All students
will be initially wait-listed for this course. Please contact Lori Young (
lyoung at blm.gov) with any additional questions.

Please let me know if there are any topics you would like to see covered in
these calls and as always, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions!

Best,

Rachel

--
Rachel Hosna
Seeds of Success
rhosna at blm.gov

Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>
National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>