[SOS-PCA] No Call Today

Haidet, Margaret (Megan) mahaidet at blm.gov
Tue Jan 5 09:27:26 CST 2016

Happy New Year SOS Collectors!

We will not have an SOS Collectors' Call today. In lieu of the call I will
be contacting 1) all BLM state botany leads to cross check the number of
collections made by teams in their states and 2) non-profit collection
partners review the process for getting seed submitted to the ARS facility
in Pullman, WA. As 2015 data entry progresses, I will be contacting
collection team mentors with comments on data quality, if necessary. We
will resume regular monthly calls on February 2nd.

In the meantime, please do not forget the following:
- The deadline for submitting seed material to the Bend Seed Extractory is
January 31st.
- All herbarium specimens should be sent with accompanying labels and a
transmittal notice. Feel free to contact Meghann Toner (TonerM at si.edu) if
you have any questions.
- We are expecting the SOS data entry portal to be up and running for the
2016 season. There will be an expectation that teams enter their own data
into the portal. There will be training webinars in early 2016 to
familiarize SOS teams with the new system.

Cheers,
Megan

Megan Haidet
Seeds of Success