[SOS-PCA] SOS Call Notes: Sept. 2015

Haidet, Margaret (Megan) mahaidet at blm.gov
Fri Sep 25 13:39:13 CDT 2015

SOS Collectors' Call

September 1, 2015

There were 26 participants on the call.

Thank you to those who have volunteered to pilot the data entry portal. You
will be hearing from me in the next couple of months.

*General Reminders* -

- Please send SOS data sheets and photos to mahaidet at blm.gov

- Please send clearance forms for all collections you would like sent to
your office or a research partner. Note 10,000 seed will be taken off for
the SOS collection; the remaining balance of 2014 collections is available.
Please consolidate your clearance forms as much as possible. If you know
you would like 6 collections returned on the same date, please use only one
clearance form for these.

- If there are updates to species identifications or any other element of
your collections data, please let me know as soon as possible. It is best
for me to make these changes before the seed goes to Bend or into long-term
storage.

- If you are interested in your team's 2014 seed test and count results
please contact me.

Annual Reporting –

Please leave all SOS records in good order. Make sure data sheets are saved
at your office and are printed in your office. The SOS annual report
template is available on the SOS website (
http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/more/fish__wildlife_and/plants/seeds_of_success/forms___training.html).
All data, photos and annual report forms are due to Megan by Dec. 15, 2015.
If you will not be able to make this deadline please let Megan know.

Plant Conservation Alliance Discussion List – This is the best way to stay
informed about the latest plant conservation related news, jobs and
information about the National Seed Strategy. You can sign up for list on
the following website:
http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/more/fish__wildlife_and/plants/pca/discussion/native-plants.html

Smithsonian Update - Please continue to send unmounted voucher specimens
with labels and transmittal notice. There is no need to include your data
sheet with these specimens. Contact Meghann Toner (tonerm at si.edu
<mtoner at si.edu>) if you have any questions.

Bend Update - 600+ seed lots received by Bend, working on September and
October priorities. 2014 cleaning and testing is complete.

Next Call: Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Megan Haidet
Seeds of Success
National Collection Curator