[SOS-PCA] SOS Call Notes: Nov. 4

Haidet, Margaret (Megan) mahaidet at blm.gov
Thu Nov 13 15:11:34 CST 2014

Thanks to the folks who called in for the November Collectors' Call on
Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2014.

Please continue to send all seed (to Bend), data (to SOS, Bend), photos (to
SOS), clearance forms (to SOS) and vouchers/labels/transmittal notices (to
Smithsonian and others).

*Please send all data and photos by Dec. 15.* If you cannot meet this
deadline, please let me know.

*Bend Seed Extractory Holiday Schedule - *Please do not send any shipments
the week of November 24th-28th, and between December 22nd-January 2nd as
there is no guarantee that they will reach us in a timely manner.  We will
be here intermittently during that time to answer phone calls and emails.
This is especially important for those shipping fleshy fruits.

*Smithsonian Update* - Meghann Toner will be the primary contact for all
SOS collections (tonerm at si.edu). Please be sure to include appropriate
paperwork (transmittal notice, labels). Vouchers should be unmounted and
data sheets do not need to be sent.

*SOS Training: Seed Collection for Conservation and Restoration Course*

The Seeds of Success course, Seed Collection for Conservation & Restoration
(1730-06) is open for registration in DOI Learn. The course will be offered
May 12-14, 2015, with an optional field trip offered on May 15, in Folsom,
CA. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Lori
Young, Training Coordinator, BLM National Training Center, 602-906-5640,
lyoung at blm.gov.

*National Native Seed Conference *

April 14-16; Santa Fe, NM

Please send me any ideas you may have for an SOS session or panel. We have
discussed engaging Bend, ARS and other partners to discuss challenges and
lessons learned.

The next call is scheduled for Dec. 2, 2014. Look for either a reminder or
cancellation notice for this call.

As usual, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or
suggestions.

Cheers,

Megan

Megan Haidet