[SOS-PCA] Project Baseline research collection needs

Katie Winkler wink0113 at d.umn.edu
Mon Jul 15 16:00:45 CDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm writing to request any information you may have on population locations
for Project Baseline, and potentially for help with seed collections.

Project Baseline is a long-term, nationwide initiative to create a
researchquality
seed bank for the future study of plant response to environmental change (
www.baselineseedbank.org).

Information on population locations and phenology for the following species
in AZ, CO, ID, NM, NV, MT, UT, WY, and western ND and SD would be greatly
appreciated.  We are looking for populations of at least 400-500 plants.

Helianthus annuus - highest priority
Andropogon gerardii
Bouteloua curtipendula
Brassica nigra
Brassica rapa
Echinacea angustifolia

Seed collections are also needed.  If interested, please contact Project
Baseline (contact information below) for information on our protocols.

Please feel free to email (wink0113 at d.umn.edu) or call me (number below) if
you have any information on populations of these species or would like more
information on Project Baseline seed collections.

Best regards,

Katie Winkler
Project Manager - Project Baseline (www.baselineseedbank.org)
University of Minnesota Duluth