[SOS-PCA] SOS Data Integrity

Haidet, Margaret mahaidet at blm.gov
Thu Jan 24 14:22:13 CST 2013

Greetings SOS Partners,

I would like to briefly address data management protocols for Seeds of
Success with the hope of keeping track of the most accurate collections
data.

As you know, seed and associated data is collected for every Seeds of
Success accession.  The collections data is managed at the National
Coordinating Office at the Bureau of Land Management in Washington, DC. The
data should be sent to me (mahaidet at blm.gov) throughout the collection
season and no later than Dec. 31st of the collection year.

*If changes to data (in particular species name) are made at the local
level, it is imperative that these changes are communicated to the National
Coordinating Office so all records are up to date.* SOS collections and
data are held at a number of locations including the ARS facilities in Ft.
Collins, CO and Pullman, WA, the Bend Seed Extractory and various partner
institutions.

The National Coordinating Office is responsible for updating seed
processing and storage partners of any data changes, thus any edits should
be communicated directly to me.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions.

--
Megan Haidet
National Collection Curator

www.blm.gov/sos