[SOS-PCA] Request for seed for plant materials development in the COPL and AZ/NM Plateau ecoregions

Haidet, Margaret MAHaidet at blm.gov
Wed May 9 12:44:31 CDT 2012

On behalf of Sheila Williams:

Hi,
I am looking for folks that may have a balance of seeds either at their offices or in inventory at Bend Seed Extractory (information on Inventory for your collecting team Nita sends out at the end of each season). We are trying to increase a couple of species, and begin testing another for a potential release for the COPL. These are species that have been identified through the Colorado Plateau Native Plant Program as priority species, and testing and development done by Los Lunas Plant Materials Center here in NM.

The 2 forb species we are looking for from collections on the COPL and AZ/NM Plateau Ecoregions are:
Pale evening primrose or Oenothera pallida
Small flowered globemallow or Sphaeralcea parvifolia

The 1 grass species we are looking for from collections on the COPL and AZ/NM Plateau Ecoregions is:
James galleta grass or Pleuraphis jamesii
We need lots of samples of this species to test**across these Ecoregions

Thanks a lot for your time! Sheila Williams
Contact info below

Sheila L. Williams
District Botanist
Farmington District Office
6251 College Blvd. Suite A
Farmington, NM 87402
Office: (505) 564-7673  Fax: (505) 567-7608
Cell: (505) 486-4255
Email: slwillia at blm.gov<mailto:slwillia at blm.gov>