[PCA] Job Opportunity: Santa Barbara Botanic Garden

Heather Schneider hschneider at sbbotanicgarden.org
Thu Sep 14 17:53:47 CDT 2023

Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is expanding its Rare Plant Conservation Program! We are seeking PhD-level applicants for the role of Rare Plant Conservation Scientist. The Rare Plant Conservation Scientist will help to design, fund and implement conservation and research projects focused on understanding, protecting and restoring California's rare plants. We are especially interested in candidates with a combined love of field work and strong analytical training, including multivariate analyses, climate, niche and/or demographic modeling and other modern techniques for addressing complex ecological questions. Santa Barbara Botanic Garden's Rare Plant Conservation Team work is wide-ranging, including California's Central Coast, the Channel Islands and the Sierra Nevada mountains, with an focus on collaborative conservation and applied research. We also manage a regionally-important conservation seed bank.

This is a full-time, exempt position at the principal investigator level that reports to the Senior Rare Plant Conservation Scientist, with an annual salary of $70,000-$76,000, commensurate with experience. An ideal applicant would be able to start work by late 2023 or early 2024. To learn more about the position and apply, please visit our website: https://sbbotanicgarden.org/about/employment/

If you have questions about this opportunity, please reach out to Heather Schneider, Senior Rare Plant Conservation Scientist at hschneider at sbbotanicgarden.org<mailto:hschneider at sbbotanicgarden.org>

[cid:image002.png at 01D8775D.06D0F110]

Heather Schneider, PhD
Senior Rare Plant Conservation Scientist (she/her)
Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
1212 Mission Canyon Rd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
805.690.1117