[PCA] JOB OPPTY: Seasonal Botanists Desert Spring 2024 Field Season, UNLV

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Wed Sep 13 12:43:21 CDT 2023

Position: Botanists and field technicians

Deadline: late September

Agency/Organization: Abella Conservation Ecology Lab at the University of Nevada Las Vegas

Location: local crew - Clark County, NV; travel crew, Sonoran and Mojave Deserts, CA

Overview: Based out of the University of Nevada Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, technicians will assist UNLV research staff and students to conduct grant-funded field research in southeastern California and southern Nevada. Activities include assessing plant and soil communities along geographic and topographic gradients in the Sonoran and Mojave deserts of California (travel crew) and assessing restoration activities in Clark County, Nevada (local crew).

Compensation: $3,300-$3,600 (DOE; includes benefits)

Who can apply:  Open to public. All applicants must have some previous outdoors experience. All applicants must be open to work with others that have a range of work-related experience or backgrounds (with us or other groups; with undergraduate and graduate students, early career, and professional scientists) and willing to have both learning and teaching experiences. We strongly encourage early career professionals to apply. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions related to your degree or outdoor experience before applying. For those with botanical fieldwork and crew leadership experience, please feel free to inquire if we have field lead opportunities available.

For more information and to apply: Please provide a brief letter of interest highlighting your relevant background and skills as they pertain to the position descriptions above. Please note to which position you are applying (local or travel). Please provide a resume containing two to three references. Email applications to lindsay.chiquoine at unlv.edu. Include in the subject line Research Assistant winter/spring 2024, otherwise your email may be missed.

Link: https://abellaappliedecologylab.wordpress.com/about-us/opportunities/

[https://abellaappliedecologylab.files.wordpress.com/2021/10/working-soils-edited.jpg?w=1200]<https://abellaappliedecologylab.wordpress.com/about-us/opportunities/>
Opportunities<https://abellaappliedecologylab.wordpress.com/about-us/opportunities/>
Job and volunteer opportunities
abellaappliedecologylab.wordpress.com




Anna Lindquist

she/her/hers

Botanical Communications Manager

Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional unceded homeland of the Shoshone, Paiute, Goshute, and Ute Tribes, who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>