[PCA] JOB OPPTY: US Forest Service Nurseries and Geneticist Hiring Event

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Mon Jun 12 10:26:45 CDT 2023

Position: Geneticists, Horticulturists, Biological Scientists, and more

Deadline: Apply on USAJOB June 20 through 26, 2023

Agency/Organization: Forest Service

Location: Positions are available in the following locations: AR, AZ, CA, HI, ID, LA, MI, MS, MT, NC, NE, OR, SC, and WA.

Who can apply: Most positions are open to the public

Responsibilities:

National Nursery System Position duties -

Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Performs work in a greenhouse or field setting to grow seedlings for restoration.
• Responsible for incoming and outgoing shipments: seed/seedling delivery and check-in, load/unload shipments, seed orders, seed storage.
• Coordinates with clients from various agencies regarding capacity, pricing and billing, processing data, and seed shipments.
• Responsible for data entry, data management, and reporting in NMIS (Nursery Management Information System - Oracle database).
• Operates numerous pieces of equipment/machines. This also includes operation of a forklift and scissor lift.
• This position will be exposed to dusty, noisy conditions and can be standing for long periods of time. This facility uses chemicals and fertilizer in its operations. Required to lift up to 50 pounds.

For more information and to apply: https://www.fs.usda.gov/working-with-us/jobs/recruitment-and-hiring/nurseries-and-geneticist-hiring-event

Anna Lindquist

she/her/hers

Botanical Communications Manager

Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional homeland of the Shoshone, Paiute, Goshute, and Ute Tribes, who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>