[PCA] Job Opening: Institute for Applied Ecology Rare Plant Crew Member-Santa Fe, NM

Gwen Wion gwenwion at appliedeco.org
Fri Dec 1 12:25:44 CST 2023

Hello!

I am reaching in hopes you might share this job opening with Native Plants
Lists subscribers:

*Do you love plants and wildlife? Are you inspired by hands-on work in
conserving and restoring threatened and endangered species and critical
habitats? The Institute for Applied Ecology is hiring multiple seasonal
positions for our 2024 field season!*

The Institute for Applied Ecology <https://appliedeco.org/> (IAE), a
non-profit organization, has been actively engaged in the conservation of
native species and habitats through restoration, research, and education
for over 20 years. We fill a unique niche in this field by working with a
diverse group of partners including federal, state and county agencies and
municipalities to accomplish our mission.

Our Southwest Office (IAE SW) works in New Mexico and Arizona. We cultivate
partnerships to facilitate large-scale, regional conservation projects,
develop ecologically appropriate sources of native seed, offer native
species education opportunities and materials, provide technical assistance
to restoration and management planning and implementation, and conduct
on-the-ground habitat restoration and applied research.

IAE SW is hiring two seasonal staff to work with sensitive species in New
Mexico! This crew will travel throughout the state experiencing the 4th
highest vascular plant diversity in the nation and conducting demographic
monitoring of 11 rare plant species.

*For more information click on the link below:*

*Available Positions*

·       Rare Plants Crew Member
<https://appliedeco.org/wp-content/uploads/Rare-Plant-Technician_SW_2024.pdf>

*IAE supports diversity and equity, and we encourage applications from all
groups of people. We recognize that the strength of IAE is in our people,
and we believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings
that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment. IAE
does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices,
and our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to every aspect
of the employment relationship.*

Studies have shown that Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC),
women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply for jobs
unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described
in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate
for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less
traditional background. *If you are interested in applying, we encourage
you to think broadly about your background and qualifications for the role.*

*To Apply:* Please visit https://appliedeco.org/get-involved/jobs/ for
individual job descriptions and application details! Applications are
due *Sunday,
January 7th 2024*.

Thank you!

Gwen Wion (she/her)
Plant Materials Program Manager
Institute for Applied Ecology, Southwest Office
gwenwion at appliedeco.org
(714)732-1956