[PCA] Job Announcement: Institute for Applied Ecology is hiring a Deputy Director

Tom Kaye tom at appliedeco.org
Tue May 18 13:15:48 CDT 2021

The Institute for Applied Ecology is hiring a deputy director!  Are you
skilled at managing people and programs, and running the operations of a
nonprofit?  If so, please consider applying for this position with us.  See
the job description and application instructions below (and attached).
Please circulate widely.  Thanks!

*Position:*  Deputy Director

*Office location:*  Corvallis, Oregon

*Compensation:* Exempt position, monthly salary of $6,369 – $7,305
depending on experience, plus competitive benefits package (health
insurance, 401k, sick leave, holidays, paid time off, etc.)

*Closing date:  *June 7, 2021.  Applications will be considered upon
receipt until the application deadline.

Click here to apply <https://forms.gle/FbwZcQZ66pzixAxb8>.

*About Us:  *The Institute for Applied Ecology <https://appliedeco.org>
(IAE) is a dynamic nonprofit organization founded in 1999 whose mission is
to conserve native species and habitats through restoration, research and
education. We fill a unique niche among nonprofits and work with a diverse
group of partners including federal, state and county agencies and
municipalities, and other conservation nonprofits to accomplish our
mission. We maintain an open and convivial office environment with
approximately 30 regular staff plus seasonal employees in our main office
in Corvallis, OR and our branch office in Santa Fe, NM.  We are committed
to diversity and equity in our workplace and the communities we serve.  Please
see our mission, vision, and diversity statements
<https://appliedeco.org/about/>.

*Position Summary:  *We are seeking a Deputy Director with a diverse
skillset to manage operations and personnel at our main office in
Corvallis, Oregon and branch office in Santa Fe, New Mexico.  The Deputy
Director reports to the Executive Director, and provides direct supervision
to five upper management staff, including four Program Directors in Oregon
and a Branch Director in Santa Fe.  The four programs include Habitat
Restoration, Plant Materials, Conservation Research, and Ecological
Education.  Supervision includes hiring, training, managing staffing levels
and workloads, and mentoring employee success and growth through
problem-solving and professional development.  The Deputy Director is an
integral member of the Management Team, fostering cohesion among multiple
work groups.  This position is responsible for overall organizational
management, including overseeing employee onboarding and offboarding, risk
management, IT, fleet and facilities, in addition to providing approval for
personnel actions. The Deputy Director supports the organization and its
staff by proposing improved or new policies and procedures, and
implementing adopted policies.  This position also oversees subcontracting,
oversees development and management of program budgets and project
workplans, and supports fundraising.  The Deputy Director oversees the
organization’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice Committee, and the
organization’s Safety Committee.

*Minimum qualifications  *

   - Minimum of five years of work experience and training in supervision,
   with demonstrated commitment to mentoring employee growth and development.
   - Minimum of three years of experience in organization or program
   management, budget development/management and interpretation of financial
   information.
   - Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
   - Experience improving, developing, and interpreting organizational
   policies and procedures.
   - Strong skills in meeting planning, facilitation, professional
   communication, and follow up.
   - Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word,
   Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
   - Positive attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.

·         Current U.S. driver’s license and acceptable driving record.

*Desired skills, abilities and experience*

   - Experience managing three or more direct reports at the management
   level.
   - Experience working in a nonprofit setting.
   - Commitment to or training in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice
   topics, especially as they relate to the workplace and environmental
   conservation.
   - Training or experience in human resources topics.
   - Background in the field of environmental conservation, habitat
   restoration, ecological research, or environmental education.
   - Graduate degree in nonprofit management, ecology, botany, wildlife
   biology or related field.
   - Experience with successful grant proposal writing to government
   agencies and foundations.

*How to Apply*

To apply for this position:

1.       Complete the online job application form
<https://forms.gle/FbwZcQZ66pzixAxb8> (https://forms.gle/FbwZcQZ66pzixAxb8).
You will need the following information:

a.       Your contact information.

b.       When you would be available to start work.  Preference will be
given to applicants able to start on or before August 20, 2021.

c.       Contact information (phone and email) for three professional
references (including at least one recent employer).

d.       Answers to specific online questions (we recommend you complete
these offline, then paste into the application form).

2.       Email your letter of interest, resume, and a statement (up to 300
words) of personal or professional commitment to Diversity, Equity,
Inclusion and Justice to DDjob at appliedeco.org with "IAE Deputy Director" in
the subject line of the email*.*

*Applications must be received by June 7, 2021*.  INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS
WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.  Non-U.S. residents must also include a copy of their
work visa.  Applications will be considered upon receipt until the
application deadline.

*Questions may be addressed to*: Tom Kaye, Executive Director:
tom at appliedeco.org

*For more information about IAE*, visit our website www.appliedeco.org.

*IAE supports diversity and equity, and we encourage applications from all
groups of people. We recognize that the strength of IAE is in our people,
and we believe that every employee has the right to work in surroundings
that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment. IAE
does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices,
and our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to every aspect
of the employment relationship.*

--

*Tom Kaye, PhDExecutive Director*

*Institute for Applied Ecology*

*He / Him / His <https://www.mypronouns.org/>*

563 SW Jefferson Ave, Corvallis, Oregon 97333-4602
541-753-3099 ext. 777     www.appliedeco.org  <http://www.appliedeco.org>
Follow us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Applied.Ecology/> and
Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/applied_ecology/>!

Associate Professor (courtesy)
Dept. of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University
--

Sent via the list at cascadiaprairieoak.org email group by tom at appliedeco.org
- reply to sender