[PCA] pollination of Cypripedium kentuckiense

Peter Bernhardt peter.bernhardt at slu.edu
Tue Apr 27 14:43:06 CDT 2021

Retha Edens-Meier's paper on the pollination of the endangered orchid, Cypripedium kentuckiense, was published a few days ago and a copy is attached. This required fieldwork in one of the less accessible and comfortable sites over 3 years. If you look at the link below Retha also had a neighbor who was a little too interested in her kitchen scaps (below). Note that this may be the first study of a bee-pollinated Cypripedium species including male bees. A link is added here showing the behavior of the bee inside the labellum sac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI7zQKStuNQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THBlP-EPjS0
[https://www.bing.com/th?id=OVP.aW5FFQgjpu7SnUvpYkSeEwEsDh&pid=Api]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THBlP-EPjS0>
Black Bear Enters Bear-Proof Enclosure<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THBlP-EPjS0>
I was trying to drop off a bag of trash at this dumpster and was at the opposite end of the enclosure as the bear. I heard noises at the back of the enclosure and thought it might be a raccoon. I was wrong. It was a black bear. Yes, I was in the bear-proof enclosure with the bear. Beware of bears while disposing of your rubbish. "For licensing ...
www.youtube.com