[PCA] SAVE THE DATE: Plant Conservation Alliance e-Meeting, September 9, 2020, 2-4pm ET, with invited speaker Dr. Kay Havens of the Chicago Botanic Garden

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Wed Sep 2 08:44:15 CDT 2020

Please save the date for our next Plant Conservation Alliance general meeting -- held remotely and open to all -- on Wednesday, September 9, 2020, from 2:00 - 4:00 pm ET.

***PLEASE RSVP TO ATTEND THIS MEETING – SEE BELOW***

What will you learn?

BudBurst<http://www.budburst.org>, is a national community science program focused on plant seasonal changes and plant-animal interactions and aims to bring researchers, conservationists, and community scientists together to better understand how humans impact the environment, with a particular focus on climate change. BudBurst allows people of all ages to engage in the scientific process and to contribute data through a web interface. To support this work, BudBurst provides extensive educational resources for all ages and learning contexts. Since April 2020, Budburst has been creating support for students and families to participate at home, both for formal science classes, homeschooled students, and families looking for safe, outdoor activities.

About our Speaker:

Kayri Havens holds a Ph.D. in Biology from Indiana University.  She is the Chicago Botanic Garden’s Senior Director of Ecology and Conservation and Senior Scientist.  She is active in research, community science, and plant conservation advocacy with elected officials, and collaborates with a variety of academic institutions, agencies and stewardship organizations to help improve conservation efforts for plants and plant communities.

***TO ATTEND THIS MEETING, PLEASE***

RSVP by Monday September 7

To Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov<mailto:Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov>; Michelle_Turton at fws.gov<mailto:Michelle_Turton at fws.gov>;

The meeting login details will be shared via calendar invite and email with all respondents on Tuesday, Sept. 8.

This meeting will be hosted using Microsoft Teams. You will be able to join the meeting from the web or via the Microsoft Teams app that is available here:

https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads