[PCA] NEW DEADLINE // National Seed Strategy Progress Report Submission

Mccormick, Molly L mmccormick at usgs.gov
Tue Sep 1 17:19:39 CDT 2020

In response to the intense fire and hurricane season, we are extending the deadline for submitting projects to the National Seed Strategy Progress report until Monday, October 12th.
We are delighted to report that we’ve received over 100 projects estimated at over $25 million dollars thus far. It is important to make this reporting effort as inclusive and comprehensive as possible. Don’t have time to submit every project? Then submit a few that cover the breadth of your team’s work on native plants.
Also consider submitting a summary of your larger effort or a story about your projects to the Success Stories/Lessons Learned<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfG3v_Yil51BVi0GQ4QyS0Erhydet0CYHOIAsxieZ_v7Z8oww/viewform>.
Or upload a photo<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-p9XZOuHuNatRof3oMwKniV7igch4uHjYPwwQfoxvVG07dg/viewform> to visually highlight your effort.
The National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration (National Seed Strategy), developed by the Plant Conservation Alliance (PCA) Federal Committee in collaboration with the nonfederal partners, provides a coordinated approach to stabilize, rehabilitate, and restore public and private lands in response to natural disasters, wildlife habitat improvements, drought and fire response, protecting coasts and riparian areas, invasive species mitigation, and outreach/education.
Respondents do not need to be well-versed in the National Seed Strategy to report progress -- the reporting form will walk you through it. Any basic or applied research that aims to improve ecological restoration in the United States or to develop tools or resources that assist land managers in making informed decisions counts.
Please also consider sharing this email with your federal colleagues and federal partners to submit information on any relevant projects.
For more information, and to submit a project, visit the reporting portal. Deadline to submit is October 12th.