[PCA] WEBINAR: Relationships, Hip Hop and Forestry: Thinking about Diversity and Inclusion with Dr. Thomas R. Easley (Thursday, June 25th 6 p.m. EST)

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Wed Jun 17 15:43:32 CDT 2020

What will you learn?
Diversity is challenging to accomplish, but it's not impossible. While some see diversity as a tool for solutions and making society better, it is still moving slowly when we assess its progress socially.
Natural resources disciplines and academic institutions are uniquely positioned to address diversity, equity and inclusion globally. Where do we start? And when do we know we've accomplished our goals?

Presenter:
Dr. Thomas R. Easley has spent most of his career as a diversity professional and a forester. As a diversity professional he has focused on the recruitment, retention and diverse talent in natural resource disciplines. As a forester he has worked with landowners and citizens on land management and stewardship. Along with his impressive academic experience, Dr. Easley is also a musician. He is known by RaShad in the world of music. His art is called “Save Your Life Music” because he puts a message of love, embracing self and helping others in his music.

Presented by: Atlanta Botanical Garden's Science Café Webinar Series

ABGs Science Cafe will be a Zoom series for the rest of this year. It is recommended to register using the link beforehand. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

For more info and to Register: https://atlantabg.us10.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a1171ee62326b18af66eaf365&id=1910609e6a&e=ac5f22ed3b

More on Dr. Easley's background can be found here:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-thomas-rashad-easley-4549675