[PCA] Priority areas for plant conservation in the US?

Bruce Young Bruce_Young at natureserve.org
Mon Jan 6 18:21:16 CST 2020

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a paper that describes areas with concentrations of unprotected, range-restricted species in the conterminous US states. The analysis includes both animals and plants. I'd like to compare our results to those of previous studies. I can identify several studies of priority conservation areas that include a variety of animal groups, but surprisingly couldn't find any paper describing priority areas for plant conservation in a quick google scholar search. There must be such studies out there. Can anyone point me to them?

Thanks!

Best,

Bruce

Bruce E. Young, Ph.D
Chief Zoologist and Senior Conservation Scientist
NatureServe
+1-703-908-1805