[PCA] Fw: [External] Plant these save the native bees Redbubble

Peter Bernhardt peter.bernhardt at slu.edu
Thu Feb 27 09:56:17 CST 2020

Here is what a young, Australian colleague is doing to increase awareness of native plants and how important they are to native bees.  As we stress the importance of native plants in American urban-suburban sites perhaps similarly designed items, such as these, will help remind shoppers of what native flora does for pollinators, in general.

Kit's work in Western Australia is important and interesting.  Here online efforts to educate are very entertaining.  Consider checking out her sites on social media.  In general, we should all pay attention to what comes next after the summer bush fires in Australia.  We may be able to learn some new things when we see how Australians study natural patterns of vegetative regeneration.  This will be of particular importance to members in California with Mediterranean-type climates.

Peter