[PCA] Proposal deadline April 15 and Practitioner Scholarships for 2019 Natural Areas Conference

kangell at naturalareas.org kangell at naturalareas.org
Fri Mar 22 11:43:00 CDT 2019

Just 3 more weeks until the deadline for proposals for the Natural Areas
Conference, October 8-10, 2019 - Pittsburgh Sheraton, Pittsburgh PA.
Attendees will have access to cutting-edge information, emerging management
techniques, and science-based practices for natural areas practitioners.
Attendees from across the region and country will come together to find
solutions to our common challenges. More info.
<https://www.naturalareas.org/current_conference_2019.php>

View our video on the importance of getting your proposal in by the
deadline. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=kN-9www9tGo>

This year's theme is At the Water's Edge: Managing Our Land and Water in a
Changing Landscape. Topics include: Best Management Practices on Land for
Freshwater Ecosystem Integrity, Mitigating the Impact of Energy Development,
Advances in State Forest Management,  Identifying Natural Areas Management
of Wildlife Habitat, Invasive Species Management and Prevention, Using Data
and Technology to Advance Conservation, Parcelization of Large Private Land
- Opportunities for Conservation, Native Plant Conservation Initiatives,
Pollinators in Natural Areas Management, Management Planning to Advance the
Conservation of Special Species/Natural Communities, Urban Natural Areas and
Green Infrastructure, Wetlands Conservation for Rare Species, Climate Change
- Species and Natural Communities on the Move, and Restoration of Natural
Areas Qualities

More information on the Call for Proposals.
<https://naturalareas.org/proposals_conference_2019.php>

Practitioner Scholarships Will Be Available

Natural areas practitioners working in the state of Pennsylvania and in the
Southwestern Pennsylvania region will be eligible to apply for scholarships
covering all or part of conference registration. We're fortunate to have
conference supporters that are helping to ensure the attendance of some
regional natural areas practitioners who otherwise might not be able to
attend our 2019 Natural Areas Conference. Applications will be available
June 1, when conference registration opens.

Kate Luce Angell

Communications & Outreach Coordinator

Natural Areas Association

412-925-2537