[PCA] FUNDING OPPORTUNITY: Call for proposals: Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program (Pre-proposal Deadline - August 16)

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Mon Jul 29 15:45:10 CDT 2019

Healthy Forests, Resilient Communities: The Collaborative Forest Landscape
Restoration Program (CFLRP)

The USDA Forest Service is pleased to announce a call for Collaborative
Forest Landscape Restoration Program (CFLRP) proposals under the
reauthorized program!

*What is CFLRP?*

Created in 2009 by Congress, CFLRP has proven to be an effective tool for
improving forest conditions, growing rural economies, and leveraging
partner investments to improve the quality and scale of restorative work. The
CFLRP invested in collaborative approaches to forest restoration in
landscapes across the country.

Congress reauthorized CFLRP in the 2018 Farm Bill, doubling the authorized
funding level to $80 million per year and creating the opportunity for new
CFLRP projects. The Farm Bill also provides an opportunity for current
CFLRP projects funded for ten years to apply for an extension waiver to
complete proposal implementation. A Federal Advisory Panel
<https://www.fs.fed.us/restoration/CFLRP/advisory-panel.shtml> (FACA) is
required to evaluate and recommend proposals to the Secretary of the
Department of Agriculture to be funded.

*How can I apply?*

>>Request for proposal materials – along with information about CFLRP,
eligibility requirements, instructions, and resources – are *available now
on the **CFLRP website*
<https://www.fs.fed.us/restoration/CFLRP/overview.shtml>*.*

>>Join us for our *webinars for interested applicants: *

Thursday, August 1, 2019, 1:00-2:30pm ET:
https://usfs.adobeconnect.com/nfs-500/, 888-844-9904 (9404768#)

Thursday, September 5, 2019, 2:00-3:30pm ET:
https://usfs.adobeconnect.com/nfs-500/, 888-844-9904 (9404768#)

Please see https://www.fs.fed.us/restoration/CFLRP/overview.shtml  for
additional details. Webinars will be recorded and posted to the CFLRP
website and the July 19 informational webinar is already posted.

*What is the proposal process?*

To ensure alignment with the intent of CFLRP and local and regional
programs of work the USDA Forest Service has a clear review process and
selection criteria with two-tiered review for both new project proposals
and extension requests. Proposals are submitted by national forests units.

·         Tier 1 (Pre-Proposal suggested deadline Aug. 16th, 2019) (link to
package
<https://www.fs.fed.us/restoration/documents/cflrp/2019-rfp/CFLRP_Tier1_PreProposal_Packet_Final.docx>
):  Regional Offices will evaluate Tier 1 proposals using a common set of
criteria and the Regional Forester will decide which projects should
proceed with full Tier 2 proposal development. While The USDA Forest
Service Washington Office recommends four weeks for pre-proposal
submission, the Regional Offices may determine a deadline for review –
please contact the Regional contact listed on the CFLRP website
<https://www.fs.fed.us/restoration/CFLRP/overview.shtml> for
Region-specific Tier 1 deadlines.

·         Tier 2 (Full Proposal due by Nov. 22nd, 2019) (link to package
<https://www.fs.fed.us/restoration/documents/cflrp/2019-rfp/CFLRP_Tier2_FullProposal_Packet_Final.docx>
):  New and extended project proposals selected in Tier 1 will develop
detailed proposals. These proposals will be reviewed by the RO and
submitted to the CFLRP FACA Advisory Panel for review. We expect the CFLRP
FACA Advisory Panel to be re-chartered soon, followed by a call for Panel
nominations.

*Who do I contact for more information?*

USDA Forest Service Washington Office and Regional Offices contacts are
posted on the CFLRP website
<https://www.fs.fed.us/restoration/CFLRP/overview.shtml>.

*Please help us spread the word to collaborators and partners that may be
interested in applying!*