[PCA] ARTICLE: We do not want to “cure plant blindness” we want to grow plant love

afrates at addsuminc.com afrates at addsuminc.com
Tue Aug 13 11:29:49 CDT 2019

I think this is just a bit over the top.  There's nothing wrong with the term "plant blindness."  It is what it is.  I seriously doubt blind people are offended by the term - they would love to be "cured" and be able to see plants.  It isn't an exclusionary term.  Being blind to something means that typically that you DO want to be cured by that affliction!   To me it is motivating.   Words have more than one meaning.

More positive messages would be great too, and we all use those as well, but I'm not going to stop calling it what it is, and we shouldn't be so afraid to use language to the point that we go off the deep end.

If only we had a Randy Newman song about plant blindness . . .

Tony Frates