[PCA] ARTICLE: We do not want to “cure plant blindness” we want to grow plant love

Prescott, Leah lprescott at blm.gov
Tue Aug 13 10:35:26 CDT 2019

From: *Plants, People, Planet* New Phytologist Trust
By: Caitlin McDonough MacKenzie, Sara Kuebbing, Rebecca S. Barak, Molly
Bletz, Joan Dudney, Bonnie M. McGill, Mallika A. Nocco, Talia Young,
Rebecca K. Tonietto
July 18, 2019

"We have a duty to conserve plants for the health of current and future
generations. To do that, we, as a community of scientists, need to move
plants from the background and into the foreground of people's hearts and
minds. Effective movements need a clear, unifying rallying cry. We have
made a decision not to use “curing plant blindness” as ours. Instead, we
would like to encourage an honest and inclusive discussion about the
disenfranchising and exclusionary term 'plant blindness.'"

Read more: https://nph.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ppp3.10062
--
Leah Prescott
Seeds of Success

Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>
National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>