[PCA] Call for Proposals Open 2018 Natural Areas Conference

Kate Luce Angell kangell at naturalareas.org
Thu Mar 15 12:51:47 CDT 2018

The Call for Proposals for the 2018 Natural Areas Conference on the campus
of Indiana University, Bloomington, October 23-25, is OPEN! We are looking
for proposals for symposia, individual oral presentations, pre-conference
workshops, field workshops, and posters. The theme is Building Resilience:
The Future of Natural Areas. Topic areas will include Land Management in
Light of Climate Change, Collaborative Approaches to Conservation, Native
Plant Materials in Natural Areas Management, Pollinators in Natural Areas
Management, Migration Corridors and Assisted Migration, Private Land
Conservation, Karst Conservation, Fire Ecology, Genetic Diversity &
Biodiversity, Invasive Species, Restoration Ecology, Working Landscapes
Conservation, Urban and Wildland Interface Issues, Endangered Species
Conservation, Monitoring Species Populations and Natural Areas, Maximizing
Data and Technology to Inform Natural Areas Management, The Role of Focal
Species in Conservation Planning, Communicating the Importance of our Work,
and The Role of Humanities in Conservation. Get more information, including
plenary speakers, accommodations, event schedule, and student scholarship
applications at https://www.naturalareas.org/conference.php

We encourage anyone who has something to share with other natural areas
professionals to submit a proposal. If you're a student, we have
scholarships, a paper and poster competition, and career programming. Check
it out and submit before MAY 18. Submit proposals at
https://www.naturalareas.org/call_for_proposals.php