[PCA] REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for the Natural Areas Conference

Kate Luce Angell kangell at naturalareas.org
Wed Jun 20 13:35:57 CDT 2018

Register Now - Early Bird Registration Closes August 31

This event is unique - it is completely dedicated to the needs of the
community of natural areas practitioners. We bring together leaders from
across our profession to offer the information you need to excel in your
work: cutting-edge science, emerging strategies, and hands-on understanding
- plus collaborative exchange with the community of your fellow
professionals.

This year's conference offers programming that directly engages with
attendees on the topics they most want to hear about. You can access the
full conference schedule at https://www.naturalareas.org/conference.php
under schedule.

A few of the in-depth symposia you can expect include:

Leveraging data and technology to inform natural areas management

Growing regional partnerships to address invasive species and strengthen
ecosystem resilience

Conserving and managing karst systems

Collaboration in urban natural areas restoration

Using the native seed strategy in restoration work

New for 2018: ID Workshops

We are offering six ID workshops
<http://www.memberleap.com/ct.php?lid=20534167&mm=31488504233>  to
strengthen natural areas practitioners' grasp of the fundamentals of their
work: Invasive Plants, Invasive Insects, Midwestern Ferns, Grasses, Sedges
and using Digital Herbarium Tools.
https://www.naturalareas.org/conference.php#ID%20Workshops

You can attend a full-day,
pre-conference workshop on BMPs for Pollinators featuring Xerces Society, or
sit at the Pollinator Roundtable to discuss the latest thinking on the
subject of pollinators in natural areas management.

Plenary Speakers
<http://www.memberleap.com/ct.php?lid=20520725&mm=31488504233>

Our Keynote Speaker is Professor Scott Russell Sanders, award-winning author
of A Conservationist Manifesto and Stone Country: Then & Now. We expect a
full house for our Closing Plenary, featuring Former National Park Service
Director Jonathan Jarvis and Dr. Gary Machlis, co-authors of the book The
Future of Conservation in America: A Chart for Rough Water.

https://www.naturalareas.org/conference.php#plenary

And we're offering 7 half-day Field Workshops
<http://www.memberleap.com/ct.php?lid=20521947&mm=31488504233>  to get you
out onto the land to engage in the strategies you'll be hearing about.
Choose from these and more:

Creating bat habitat in oak woodland and limestone glades

Restoring hardwood forest from former agricultural land in the Hills of Gold

Canoeing through karst caves on the Lost River

Improving wetland quality at the Beanblossom Nature Preserve

https://www.naturalareas.org/conference.php#field%20workshop

Registration grants you access to all of our symposia and oral presentations
- plus the NAA Awards Dinner and the Poster Reception

There's SO much more.

Find out more about the conference by visiting our conference page
<http://www.memberleap.com/ct.php?lid=20523169&mm=31488504233> .
https://www.naturalareas.org/conference.php

There you'll find information about all our programming and events, student
opportunities and programming
<http://www.memberleap.com/ct.php?lid=20524391&mm=31488504233> , and you can
also reserve your room
<http://www.memberleap.com/ct.php?lid=20525613&mm=31488504233>  at the
Biddle Hotel in the Indiana Memorial Union, our conference venue.

Don't wait. Early Bird registration closes August 31, and Workshops and
Field Workshops have limited capacity.

We'll see you in Bloomington!

Thanks to our sponsors: The Nature Conservancy - Indiana Field Office;
Indiana Forest Alliance; the Indiana Academy of Science; the Cleveland
Museum of Natural History; iDigBio; Sitka Technology Group; Central Indiana
Land Trust; EcoLogic; Indiana Karst Conservancy; Sycamore Land Trust;
Applied Ecological Services; Woody Warehouse Nursery, Inc.; Indiana
Department of Natural Resources

Kate Luce Angell

Communications and Outreach Coordinator

 <mailto:kangell at naturalareas.org> kangell at naturalareas.org

412-925-2537

 <https://www.naturalareas.org/>

Please plan to join us for the 2018
Natural Areas Conference in Bloomington, IN
October 23-25, 2018.
 <https://naturalareas.org/> https://naturalareas.org/