[PCA] CONFERENCE: Redesigning our Future Conference; July 10-14 (North Carolina) – for students 14-17 years of age!

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Tue Jan 23 11:06:34 CST 2018

Redesigning our future – a National Environmental Summit for Students 14-17
years old!

Date/location: July 10-14, 2018

Catawba College campus

Salisbury, NC

http://catawba.edu/

What will you learn?

This conference provides an opportunity for young environmental leaders to
learn, create, share, interact, grow, connect, and build relationships. You
know you have unique talents and particular interests; at *Redesigning Our
Future, *you will learn the skills needed to use your passions to create a
sustainable world. Small group workshops will focus on creating a toolbox
of leadership skills that can be used now and in your future.

Details & Registration:

·         The summit is open to students who will be 14-17 years of age by
the time of the summit.

·         Summit tuition is $490. Apply by May 1, 2018 for a $90 discount!

·         Tuition covers most of the cost of meals and lodging for the
5-day/4-night Summit.

Participants will be housed in Abernethy Village, a complex of
LEED-certified residence halls. Programming will occur on Catawba College's
189-acre Fred Stanback, Jr. Ecological Preserve and in the labs and
classrooms of the Center for the Environment's green facility.

For more information and to register:

http://www.centerfortheenvironment.org/redesigning-our-future.html

Sponsored by

·         The Center for the Environment at Catawba College:
http://www.centerfortheenvironment.org/home.html

·         Rocky Mountain Institute: https://www.rmi.org/

·         Environmental Working Group: https://www.ewg.org/

·         Yellowstone Forever: https://www.yellowstone.org/