[PCA] ARTICLE: 10 Things You May Not Know About Plants and Forests

Prescott, Leah lprescott at blm.gov
Tue Apr 3 10:11:42 CDT 2018

*“Spring is here and in many places across the country, trees are beginning
to bud, flowers are blossoming, and the world is starting to look a little
more colorful. Look a little closer though and you’ll find that many plants
are facing challenging times. From increases in pesky tree eaters to more
frequent and severe droughts, there are many impacts of climate change on
plants and forests that resource managers, tasked with conserving plant
resources, have to contend with. However, the forecast is not all doom and
gloom. Scientists across the country are hard at work providing managers
with the science they need to make important conservation and adaptation
decisions. Learn more about our work with these 10 examples from across the
NCCWSC and Climate Science Center network.”“This year, 2018, marks the
10-year anniversary of the establishment of the National Climate Change and
Wildlife Science Center (NCCWSC). In those 10-years, the eight regional
Climate Science Centers (CSCs) were established, and together, NCCWSC and
the CSCs funded over 425 science projects and built a network of research
partners, resource management stakeholders, interdisciplinary staff,
fellows, and early career researchers.In celebration of our work and
accomplishments over the last 10 years, we have launched a monthly series
featuring “10 Things You May Not Know” about different topics our science
has focused on, including drought, glaciers, and wildfire. Stayed tuned
next month for the next part in the series!” Full article:
<https://nccwsc.usgs.gov/content/new-usgs-led-study-could-help-pacific-wetlands-adapt-sea-level-rise>https://nccwsc.usgs.gov/content/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-plants-and-forests
<https://nccwsc.usgs.gov/content/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-plants-and-forests>*

--
Leah Prescott
Bureau of Land Management

National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>
Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>