[PCA] Call for Presentations

Wetland Science Conference conference at wisconsinwetlands.org
Tue Sep 5 16:36:03 CDT 2017

Dear PCA,

The Wisconsin Wetlands Association is announcing the Call for Presentations
<http://conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/call-for-presentations/> for WWA’s
23rd annual Wetland Science Conference, *Wetland Resilience for a Changing
World.* *The deadline for abstract submission is November 15, 2017*.

We invite you to submit an abstract for presentation, and we welcome
presentations on work done in native wetland flora/plant communities.

WWA would be very grateful if you could share the information provided
below with any other colleagues whom you think would be interested.

*Conference Information*

WWA's 23rd annual Wetland Science Conference - *Wetland Resilience for a
Changing World*

February 20-22, 2018

Olympia Resort <http://www.olympiaresort.com/> in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

*For more information, visit **conference.wisconsinwetlands.org*
<http://conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/>.

*Emily Buck*Communications and Events Manager
Wisconsin Wetlands Association <http://wisconsinwetlands.org/>

(608) 250-9971

*Helping people care for wetlands*

*CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS*

Conference website:  conference.wisconsinwetlands.org

Abstract submission deadline:  *November 15, 2017*

*Wisconsin Wetlands Association invites you to submit an abstract for
presentation at our 23rd annual Wetland Science Conference*. We seek
proposals for oral presentations or posters on wetland research,
restoration, and management projects. We welcome presentations on work done
in all wetland community types and from the Midwest region, as long as the
content of the presentation applies to wetlands of Wisconsin. *We
especially encourage submissions on topics related to the theme, Wetland
Resilience for a Changing World*.

This 2-day conference will include a keynote address, organized symposia,
topical oral sessions, a poster session, working groups, a banquet, and
wetland field trips.

We ask that authors submitting abstracts for oral presentations select up
to three topical areas from the list below that best fit the presentation’s
focus. This will help conference planners to assign accepted abstracts to
the most appropriate session. We reserve the right to change session titles
to best accommodate accepted abstracts into the conference schedule.

·         Wetland resilience (wetlands as resilient systems, how wetlands
help build resilience)

·         Wetlands in a changing climate

·         Long-term restoration and management projects (what worked, what
didn’t, what we learned)

·         Applications of wetland science in policy and regulation

·         Hydrology & geomorphology

·         Native wetland flora/plant communities

·         Watershed approaches to wetland conservation (watershed-scale
assessment & planning)

·         Wetland assessment (site-specific, e.g., quality, function, type,
management planning, etc.)

·         Wetland invasive species

·         Wetland mitigation (science, approaches, practices, standards)

·         Wetland restoration & management case studies

·         Wetland wildlife (including mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds,
invertebrates, fish)

·         Wetlands and groundwater

·         Wetlands and people (including history, culture education,
outreach, public health, recreation)

·         Wetlands in a landscape context (e.g., riparian, agricultural,
forestry, and urban landscapes)

If you would like guidance on how to write your abstract such that the
theme of *Wetland Resilience *is clear, please contact us. If you feel that
your work is timely and of interest to the wetland community, but are
unsure about its relevance to the 2018 theme, please contact us to discuss
options for inclusion of your work at the conference. *All abstract-related
inquiries should be directed to Katie Beilfuss at (608) 250-9971 or *
*programs at wisconsinwetlands.org* <programs at wisconsinwetlands.org>*. *

*Guidelines for oral presentations:  *

Speakers are allowed 15 minutes for presentations and 5 minutes for
questions, and are expected to present analyzed results and conclusions.

*Guidelines for poster presentations: *

Posters are encouraged as they allow extended informal discussions and
active participation by authors and co-authors. Posters are displayed for a
full day, and interested persons can view the poster even when the author
is not in attendance.

*Formal Session: *Wednesday, February 21, 2018, from 5:00 - 6:30 pm

*Content:* Anything that would be appropriate for the oral sessions as well
as preliminary research or project where data have yet to be collected
and/or analyzed or describes a project that did not result in new
information or techniques for wetland restoration and management.

*Size: *We expect poster display space to be 4’H x 6’W per poster. We will
confirm poster display dimensions after posters are accepted.

*Student presentation competition*

As part of our ongoing efforts to encourage and support the next generation
of wetland scientists and practitioners, Wisconsin Wetlands Association
will host a student presentation competition again this year, awarding cash
prizes to the best oral presentation and best poster presentation by a
student. Current students and recent graduates who are presenting their
student research at the conference are eligible to participate. Those
interested in participating should indicate this when submitting their
abstracts.

*Instructions for Submitting Abstracts for Oral Presentations or Posters*

*Deadline:  November 15, 2017*

*Abstract Submission Forms available online:  *
conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/call-for-presentations/

The deadline for submitting abstracts is *November 15, 2017*. To have your
wetlands work considered for inclusion in this conference, please see the
following website for more information:
conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/call-for-presentations/. Presenters will
be notified of acceptance by December 22, 2017.

*Note: We ask that presenters register and pay registration fees in order
to help cover conference costs. We encourage presenters to register by
January 19, 2018, in order to receive the early bird registration rate.
Scholarships may be available for student presenters. Registration
information (fees etc.) available at
conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/registration
<http://conference.wisconsinwetlands.org/registration>; online registration
will open in December, 2017.*

*For more information, contact: *

Katie Beilfuss, Wisconsin Wetlands Association

214 N. Hamilton St. Suite 201, Madison, WI 53703

608-250-9971

programs at wisconsinwetlands.org