[PCA] JOB OPPORTUNITY: Horticulture Manager at U.S. Botanic Garden (Washington, D.C.) - Closes Apr. 5

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Thu Mar 16 08:21:23 CDT 2017

SUPERVISORY HORTICULTURIST (HORTICULTURE MANAGER), GS-0437-14

Applications will be accepted from all U.S. Citizens.

Closes: April 5, 2017

Details: https://aoc.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/465722300

Per Ray Mim of the USBG:

A great job and we want it spread widely. Horticulture manager position.
Everyone in horticulture works for this position.   Curator, botanist,
plant records, conservation and a supervisor, who has three direct reports
that oversee all the gardening and hort staff.

This position is one of four managers and works for Dr. Ari Novy, the
executive director, as part of the ‘executive’ team. This position and Dr.
Susan Pell (head of science and public programs) really run the garden
relative to public, exhibit schedules and themes, what we do that the
public sees.

It is a great opportunity and I think a really exciting time for the USBG.
Under the management team, the garden is really beginning to shine and grow
in mission centric ways.

Ray Mims

UNITED STATES BOTANIC GARDEN

245 First Street, SW