[PCA] USDA-APHIS Announces Intent to Prepare EIS on GE Glyphosate-Resistant Creeping Bentgrass

Lindsey Riibe riibe.lindsey at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:25:11 CDT 2016

The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Animal and Plant Health
Inspection Service's (APHIS) Biotechnology Regulatory Services (BRS),
announces its intent to prepare an environmental impact statement (EIS) to
evaluate the environmental impacts that may result from approval of a
petition for deregulation of a creeping bentgrass (*Agrostis stolonifera*)
genetically engineered for glyphosate resistance.

We request that the public review our Notice of Intent (NOI), and provide
comment to help us identify potential issues and impacts that USDA's APHIS\BRS
should consider in our evaluation of the petition from Scotts Company and
Monsanto Company. The NOI will be published in the *Federal Register* on
August 3rd.

The comment period ends Sept 2nd.  The *Federal Register* NOI is attached.

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=APHIS-2015-0096

APHIS will consider all public input submitted during the 30-day comment
period on the NOI, and use the information as we work to complete, and then
publish, the draft EIS. There will be another public comment period after
publication of the draft EIS.

The petition and related information are available on the BRS News Webpage
<http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTYwODAxLjYyMTc3MzExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE2MDgwMS42MjE3NzMxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NzQ0MTc2JmVtYWlsaWQ9bmRvbmxleUBiaW9sb2dpY2FsZGl2ZXJzaXR5Lm9yZyZ1c2VyaWQ9bmRvbmxleUBiaW9sb2dpY2FsZGl2ZXJzaXR5Lm9yZyZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&102&&&https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/biotechnology/brs-news-and-information/ct_news>.
Upon publication of the NOI in the*Federal Register*, comments can be
submitted at
<http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTYwODAxLjYyMTc3MzExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE2MDgwMS42MjE3NzMxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3NzQ0MTc2JmVtYWlsaWQ9bmRvbmxleUBiaW9sb2dpY2FsZGl2ZXJzaXR5Lm9yZyZ1c2VyaWQ9bmRvbmxleUBiaW9sb2dpY2FsZGl2ZXJzaXR5Lm9yZyZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&103&&&http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=APHIS-2015-0096>
http://www.regulations.gov/#!docketDetail;D=APHIS-2015-0096 for 30
days [to September
2nd].