[PCA] Fungi in our Forest - October 18th (Jerome Buddie Ford Nature, Alexandria VA)

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Tue Sep 15 08:22:24 CDT 2015

*Fungi in our Forest Sunday, October 18th - 2:00-4:30* *PM*

Have you ever seen a mushroom growing and wondered what kind it is? Come
learn the basics of fungi biology and how to identify local fungi species
that grow in our forests. We will have a brief presentation in the nature
center followed by a hike/mushroom hunt in Dora Kelley Nature Park. Please
bring water, long pants, and hiking shoes. *This program is FREE. *Ages 15
and up (ages 15-17 must be accompanied by an adult).

Please contact the nature center for more information: 703-746-5525.

Preregistration is required. Please register, or create an account to
register, here
<https://rec.alexandriava.gov/webtrac/wbwsc/rt14prd.wsc/wbsplash.html>.
Search "Fungi" in the "Search Activities" box.

*Mary Farrah*

Director, Jerome “Buddie” Ford Nature Center

Natural Resources Division

Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Activities

5750 Sanger Avenue

Alexandria, Virginia 22311

703-746-5525