[PCA] Seeking US statistics!! Please help.

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Tue Sep 23 13:33:45 CDT 2014

I want to thank all of those who have responded to this message.

I've gotten some awesome (though depressing) leads on habitat loss that I
thought I'd share for any others interested -

Noss et al., 1995: Endangered Ecosystems of the United States (<
http://noss.cos.ucf.edu/papers/Noss%20et%20al%201995.pdf>)

NatureServe, 2000: Precious Heritage (<
http://www.natureserve.org/biodiversity-science/publications/precious-heritage-status-biodiversity-united-states
>)

NRCS, 2010: National Resources Inventory (<
http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb1167354.pdf>).

Swaty et al., 2011: Accounting for Ecosystem Alteration Doubles Estimates
of Conservation Risk in the Conterminous United States  (<
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0023002>)

Many thanks!

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist, Division of Scientific Authority-US Fish & Wildlife
Service-International Affairs
Chair, Medicinal Plant Working Group-Plant Conservation Alliance
5275 Leesburg Pike, MS: IA
Falls Church, VA 22041-3803
703-358-1708 x 1753
703-358-2276 (FAX)