[PCA] In Utah land-use fight, 18 goats become unlikely stars

Addsum-Tony Frates afrates at addsuminc.com
Thu Sep 4 09:33:10 CDT 2014

Thanks for posting this.   Note the contradictory statements that the
Utah DWR is making here.  They want to "fill a niche" yet they utterly
despise wolves that play a very important ecosystem role.   They want
the best wildlife experience for "Utahns" most of whom will never be
able to even catch a glimpse of these introduced (and non-native)
goats, but represent a treasure trove for guides who will lead
out-of-state hunters (most likely not Utahns) to their locations.
And the statement about lack of damage elsewhere as in the Tushars is
not true.

This also shows just how ill-equipped the state of Utah is to manage
its own lands.

Tony Frates
SLC Utah