[PCA] NEWS: Can the World Really Set Aside Half of the Planet for Wildlife?

Kwong, Olivia okwong at blm.gov
Thu Sep 4 08:12:27 CDT 2014

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/can-world-really-set-aside-half-planet-wildlife-180952379/?no-ist

Can the World Really Set Aside Half of the Planet for Wildlife?
The eminent evolutionary biologist E.O. Wilson has an audacious vision for
saving Earth from a cataclysmic extinction event
By Tony Hiss
Smithsonian Magazine
September 2014

"Battles are where the fun is," said E.O. Wilson, the great evolutionary
biologist, "and where the most rapid advances are made." We were sitting in
oversized rocking chairs in a northwest Florida guest cottage with two deep
porches and half-gallons of butter-pecan ice cream in the freezer, a Wilson
favorite. He’d invited me here to look at what he considers a new approach
to conservation, a new ecological Grail that, naturally, won’t happen
without a fight.

See the link above for the full article text. The title doesn't mention it,
but this does involve native plants as well!