[PCA] International Year of the Soil & World Soil Day!

De Angelis, Patricia patricia_deangelis at fws.gov
Thu Dec 11 08:11:57 CST 2014

2015 is the International Year of Soils!

Did you know that since 2012 the Food and Agriculture Organization of the
United Nations (FAO) has been organizing events around "World Soil Day?"
I'm not exactly sure what day it is this year but it seems to fall in
December.  See the link below for great information on the importance of
healthy soil (including minimizing use of chemicals):
http://www.fao.org/globalsoilpartnership/world-soil-day/en/

Note particularly the film 'Symphony of the Soil.'  It's streaming free at
that site until Dec 12.

(Special thanks to my friend from the Virginia Native Plant Society who
made me aware of this.)