[PCA] Ph.D. opening - Restoration Ecology and Population Genetics (fwd)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Oct 11 12:09:01 CDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kristina Hufford [mailto:khufford at uwyo.edu]<mailto:[mailto:khufford at uwyo.edu]>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 9:12 AM

Subject: Ph.D. opening - Restoration Ecology and Population Genetics

Please forward to job boards and anyone who might be interested.  Thanks.

We are recruiting a Ph.D. student to study ecological genetic and
landscape approaches to mountain mahogany shrubland restoration in the
labs of Dr. Kristina Hufford and Dr. Pete Stahl at the University of
Wyoming.  Research will investigate genotype-environment interactions
along a latitudinal transect of the mountain mahogany (Cercocarpus
montanus) range to test predictions for population divergence and seed
collection zones for restoration.

There will be opportunities for the Ph.D. student to develop novel
research directions within the framework of the study program, and we
encourage applications from prospective candidates with a background and
interest in restoration ecology and population biology or genetics.
Evidence of excellent written and communication skills and enthusiasm for
field and laboratory research are a plus.

Qualifications for the position include a strong academic record and an
M.S. degree.  In rare cases, we will consider students without a Masters.
The graduate assistantship includes stipend, tuition and research support
for 3 years and opportunities will exist to apply for additional funding.

We are interested to fill this position as soon as possible and
applications should be received by November 15, 2012 for full
consideration.  Desired start date is January 2012 - but there is some
flexibility.

Applications will consist of a cover letter and copies of transcripts,
GRE scores, resume and 3 letters of reference.  For more information
about application to the UW graduate program, please visit:
http://www.uwyo.edu/admissions/index.html.

Send inquiries and questions to:
khufford at uwyo.edu<mailto:khufford at uwyo.edu> to initiate an application
for study.