[PCA] Wild Ones 2012 Design with Nature Conference

Ashley Minnerath ashley at xerces.org
Tue Jan 24 14:19:38 CST 2012

Wild Ones 2012 Design With Nature Conference

Saturday, February 25, 2012

8:00 am to 4:00 pm

Plymouth Creek Center

14800 34th Avenue, Plymouth, MN

Tending the Delicate Balance

An intimate relationship exists between the plant and animal world - one
cannot survive without the other. A tree will not bear fruit without help
from pollinators, a butterfly will not take flight without nutrients from
its larval host plant and a nesting songbird will not have food for her
young without an abundance of nearby larvae. This circle of life is only
possible when our ecosystem is healthy. Pressures from forces such as global
warming and loss of habitat are interupting this delicate balance.

Wild Ones 2012 Design With Nature Conference will address these pressures
and explore opportunities the scientific community is considering to save
certain species. Native plants and how we manage our landscapes play a key
role, adding both diversity and natural beauty to the world around us.

Speakers include:

.   Jessica J. Hellmann, Associate Professor,
Dept. of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame

.   Stan Tekiela, Naturalist, Wildlife Photographer and Writer

.   Elaine Evans, Professor of Entomology,
University of Minnesota; Author of Befriending Bumblebees

.   Larry Weaner, Natural Landscape Designer and Consultant, Larry Weaner
Landscape Associates

Admission is $60 per person, includes morning snack, buffet lunch and
afternoon dessert. Discounted admission for members, non-members and
students available through February 10, 2012. Registration closes February
20, 2012, or when all seats are sold, whichever comes first.

For additional information and to register, visit
<http://www.designwithnatureconference.org/>
www.DesignWithNatureConference.org, email
<mailto:info at DesignWithNaturConference.org>
info at DesignWithNaturConference.org or call 612-293-3833.

Conference is hosted by Wild Ones Twin Cities (Central and West Metro),
<http://www.wildonestwincities.org/> www.WildOnesTwinCities.org,  and Wild
Ones St. Croix Oak Savanna (East Metro).

Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes promotes environmentally sound
landscaping practices to preserve biodiversity through the preservation,
restoration and establishment of native plant communities. Wild Ones is a
not-for-profit environmental education and advocacy organization. Visit
<http://www.wildones.org/> www.WildOnes.org.

**********

Ashley Minnerath

Pollinator Program Assistant

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation

1971 - 2011: Forty Years of Conservation!

628 NE Broadway Suite 200, Portland, OR, 97232 USA

ashley at xerces.org

Tel: (503) 232-6639, ext. 102

Toll free: 1-855-232-6639, ext. 102

Fax: (503) 233-6794

The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation is an international
nonprofit organization that protects wildlife through the conservation of
invertebrates and their habitat.

To join the Society, make a contribution, or read about our work, please
visit www.xerces.org/

New Book Now Available:

Attracting Native Pollinators. Protecting North America
<http://www.xerces.org/announcing-the-publication-of-attracting-native-polli
nators/> 's Bees and Butterflies