[PCA] NEWS: Thanks to Plants, We Will Never Find a Planet Like Earth

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Feb 8 07:21:53 CST 2012

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=plants-created-earth-landscapel&WT.mc_id=SA_CAT_EVO_20120206&WT.mc_id=SA_emailfriend

Thanks to Plants, We Will Never Find a Planet Like Earth
Earth's flora is responsible for the glaciers and rivers that have created
this planet's distinctive landscape
By Mark Fischetti  | February 1, 2012

Astronomers are finding lots of exoplanets that are orbiting stars like
the sun, significantly raising the odds that we will find a similar world.
But if we do, the chance that the surface of that planet will look like
ours is very small, thanks to an unlikely culprit: plants.

See the link above for the full article text.