[PCA] PCA: Bimonthly Meeting for Nov. 9, 2011 (Arlington, VA)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Nov 7 06:58:57 CST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Results of the Plant Conservation Alliance survey from earlier this year
are now available in a report at
www.bgci.org/usa/PCAProgress<http://www.bgci.org/usa/PCAProgress>.  From
here, you can also check out an appendix that contains examples of how
respondents from public and private sectors are supporting the six
different strategies of the PCA National Framework.

Thanks to everyone who provided time and input on this important subject.
Nearly 400 people responded to this survey, and it has provided valuable
information to guide the work of PCA and help connect the plant
conservation community in the U.S.

One of the recommendations from the survey was to provide easy access to
join in upcoming PCA meetings.  To begin to address this, we're testing a
new call-in/webinar access option for the November 9th PCA meeting, which
will be held at 9.30am Eastern.  We'll be discussing results of the
survey, and next steps for the National Framework during this meeting, so
I hope you'll join us.  To join in, follow the instructions below.

PCA Meeting Date: November 9 2011
Meeting Time: 9:30 AM EASTERN

To attend by conference call and webinar:

FIRST: dial into the conference call number at 712-432-0800 and enter the
code 794984#.

SECOND: follow directions below to see the powerpoint presentation
through our Instant Net Conference:

1. Join the meeting at
http://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php

2. Enter the required fields
Meeting Number:    742990168
Meeting Passcode:   meeting
Meeting Host:   PEGGY  OLWELL

3. Indicate that you have read the Privacy Policy.

4. Click on Proceed.

Please let me know if any questions,
Andrea

Andrea T. Kramer, Ph.D.
Executive Director

Botanic Gardens Conservation International U.S.
at Chicago Botanic Garden
1000 Lake Cook Road
Glencoe, IL 60022     USA

Tel: 1-847-835-6971
Fax: 1-847-835-5484
E-mail: andrea.kramer at bgci.org
Internet: www.bgci.org/usa<http://www.bgci.org/usa>

Plants for the planet

BGCI is a registered charity and company, limited by guarantee, in
England and Wales, and in the U.S. as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

Registered UK address: Descanso House, 199 Kew Road, Richmond, Surrey,
TW9 3BW, UK, Charity number: 1098834, Company Number: 04673175

www.bgci.org

Have you pledged your support for plant conservation? Visit
www.plantsfortheplanet.com now to sign your name.