[PCA] Sentinel Plant Network: Connecting collections and expertise around the world

Hird, Abby abby_hird at harvard.edu
Fri Feb 25 12:56:06 CST 2011

February 25, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Botanic Gardens Conservation International (BGCI) is working with partners in the United States and abroad to assess the potential for an international Sentinel Plant Network that globally connects plant collections and expertise to form an early warning system that helps predict and prevent the incursion of new pests (insects, pathogens, or plants).

We need your help.  If you work at a botanic garden or arboretum that maintains living collections, please take 5 minutes to complete this short 12-question survey, designed to identify resources, expertise, and programs already in place at botanical institutions around the world:  www.bgci.org/usa/sentinel<http://www.bgci.org/usa/sentinel>.

The survey will be available electronically through March 31, 2011.

Results will be summarized and used to help guide development of a global Sentinel Plant Network, and will be made available on the BGCI website.

Thank you for participating!  For additional information, visit our website (www.bgci.org/usa/sentinel<http://www.bgci.org/usa/sentinel>) or contact us at andrea.kramer at bgci.org<mailto:andrea.kramer at bgci.org>.

Sincerely,

Andrea Kramer
BGCI U.S. Executive Director

and